STUDENT SAFETY AT STOPS
- Students are to go directly to their stop, don’t stop to play games, to explore or talk to strangers.
- Always cross at corners and not between cars.
- Students who ride the bus should arrive to the assigned stop 5 minutes early.
- Students need to stay on the sidewalks or driveway at least 6 feet away from the road. Do not horse play!
- Respect others personal property. Stay out of yards and don’t litter.
- Line up when bus is approaching. Don’t push or shove while waiting for the bus.
- When the bus approaches don’t approach the bus until you have made eye contact with the driver and have been motioned to enter the bus.
- If a student must cross a street, stay at least 10 feet in front of the bus. Always look both ways before crossing. Never trust other motorist.
- ALWAYS cross in front of the bus.
- If you drop something near the bus, tell the bus driver. Never try to pick it up because the bus driver may not be able to see you.
- Parents who bring their child to the stop in a vehicle should release the child prior to the bus arriving to prevent the students from running to the bus.
- Your vehicle should be parked on the service door side of the bus. Please stay back at least 40 ft. from the area where children board.
- NEVER run to the bus.
- NEVER walk or run next to a moving bus.
- REMEMBER, THE DANGER ZONE IS 10ft ALL AROUND THE BUS.
RIDING POLICIES FOR STUDENTS
- Obey promptly the directions and instructions of the bus driver.
- Upon entering the bus find a seat immediately. If you can’t find a seat you should inform the driver.
- Remain seated facing forward and reasonably quiet. All book bags on students lap.
- No pupil shall stand or move from seat to seat during the trip.
- For the safety of the students, items such as glass, skateboards, animals, or any item too large that can’t be held in the students lap won’t be permitted on the bus.
- The driver reserves the right to refuse any item on the bus that they see as a safety risk to the children.
- No windows or doors will be opened or closed except with the permission of the driver.
- No student shall put any item or any part of his or her body out the window.
- All items must be kept in the student’s book bag.
- Do not use cell phones. The bus driver will confiscate any cell phones they see.
- Students are not to tease, bully, scuffle, trip, hit, or use their hands, feet or body in any other objectionable manner.
- Loud, boisterous or profane language or indecent conduct will not be tolerated.
- Smoking and/or alcohol will not be permitted at any time.
- In the pm, students who get off first should sit towards the isle to allow a smooth transition for children getting off the bus.
- Students will remain seated until the bus has come to a complete stop before disembarking.
- Keep 10 feet from bus once disembarking and crossing in front of bus. Never walk next to or behind the bus.
- Always look for other motorist before crossing the street.