Climate & Culture
SCHOOL CLIMATE AND CULTURE
School climate and culture is important for EVERYONE. A Positive School Culture and Climate is one where all individuals feel valued, cared for and respected. We believe that such an atmosphere contributes to effective teaching and learning and to genuine communication, both within and outside of the school.
- Everyone in the school should know what it means to be respectful.
- Bullying is a harmful and disrespectful behavior that continues when given attend from recipients, bystanders, and peers.
- Everyone in the school should have a strategy that stops attending to and acknowledging bullying. When someone is not respectful, ask them to stop. Don’t allow bullying to be rewarded.
- Everyone asked to stop should have a common strategy for moving on without escalation.
- Regular information collection used to assess the safety and health of our school-wide culture.
(Positive Behavior Intervention Supports)
PBIS is a framework that focuses on the positive aspects of behavior by supporting students in making choices that are consistent with school-wide expectations. Staff members encourage students to continue making positive choices in their everyday lives.
Part of PBIS is celebrating positive behavior choices throughout the school year. Students receive recognition for good behavior choices in various ways. There is a celebration for all students who have earned a set number of recognition tokens.